9/11/08

Where Were You?

For our parents and grandparents, it was the assassination of JFK. For us, 9/11. We'll never forget where we were, what we were doing or how we felt. I don't have anything profound to say on this 7th anniversary, so you tell me - Where were you when you heard the news?

Me? I was in my dorm room, asleep in my bed. My friend Sarah poked her head in and told me, half asleep, that a plane flew into the World Trade Center. I thought I was dreaming. I got out of bed, threw on some clothes and went down to the student center, still not realizing this had actually happened. Then other students confirmed it. I watched on TV in disbelief as another plane flew into the second building. At this point, I had never been so grateful to go to a Christian college. Every day the whole campus met for chapel. That day, we just prayed. And then we stayed glued to the television.

So where were you?


"And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...