Everyone loves to save money this time of year, so here are some free patterns and downloads for gifts you can make yourself!
1. Elfies Embroidery Pattern - Fun and festive pattern available for download from allsorts. Like her stuff? Visit her shop for more. Also, check out the dress up games down on the right. We're talking hours of fun. Hours.
2. Pennie Pockets - These little pennant pockets from Happy Zombie can be made alone or in a string. You can make them plain or embellish them (say, with the Elfie pattern from above). They could be made to fit any holiday! I'm thinking these would be perfect for the next round of Secret Sisters at church.
3. Christmas Robin - Oh-so-sweet little robin from LucyKate Crafts. Lots of pictures and a clear tutorial make this a great project! If you don't want to make your own, visit her shop for some other cute options.
4. Stocking Stichalong - Download a stocking template with some super cute embroidery patterns from Meet Me at Mikes. Then keep up with the blog to learn how to embroider the different stitches and put it all together. We're talking step by step instructions. You can't go wrong!
5. Paper Dolls - These sweet paper dolls from Wee Wonderfuls would make a great stocking stuffer for a little girl. Just think of all the embellishment opportunities with the little outfits!
6. Toadstool Cottage and Mushroom House - Little pincushions from The Little House by the Sea are just begging to be created for your favorite seamstress.
7. Fabric & Paper Ornaments - I love crafts that don't require a run to the store, and mmmcrafts has given us just that! Super cute ornament made from some fabric, paper and a few other normal craft items. You can even use scraps and leftovers.