2/6/09

Altered Shipping Tags and the Envelope Dilemma

I started decorating and altering shipping tags to make cute gift tags and found myself in a bit of a quandary. I wanted people to be able to use these as note cards as well, but anything you write will be public, right out there for everyone to see. This won't do, I told myself.

Then I thought envelopes! Perfect! But then I quickly realized that if I wanted envelopes that snugly fit the tags, I would have to make them myself. A pencil, scale ruler, scissors, a plate and some graph paper later, I came up with this:


I used items I had on hand. Old book pages, security envelopes, ribbon and paper scraps. I got the shipping tags in a pack of 100 from Staples. You could probably find them at any office supply store.


I found that it was best to use double-sided roll-on adhesive. That way, the paper won't pucker and everything will lie flat and pretty.

I spent much time designing an envelope for these cards, but you don't have to! Download my free template with instructions here. It should print out the right size, but just in case, the paper is 1/4" scale, so get out your ruler to make sure!

1 comment:

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Those are really cute! I had to chuckle because I made bookmarks for my family to stick in their Christmas stockings this year and instead of wrapping, I decided to make little envelopes/sleeves for them instead. Pretty much the same procedure as you!
Smiles, Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...