2/9/10

Pattern Challenge - I'm Up For It!

Come See the Seitz is hosting a Pattern Challenge and I'm going all in! The idea is you set a goal for yourself to try out some patterns and give yourself a deadline.

I loving sewing and one thing I love more than sewing is sewing for someone else. And I love sewing for kids. And I love any kind of sewing that depletes my stash. Throw all three of those in a bucket and I'm one happy girl!

And I have this sweet friend, Jillian. She and her husband, Hunter have big hearts. And their big hearts lead them to an orphanage in Haiti. It's not in Port-Au-Prince. It's on the other side of the island and they were very fortunate to not suffer any damage.

So my goal is to make 2 new dresses from patterns and 2 that are recontstructed from something on hand and finish all 4 by June, when Jillian and Hunter go to Haiti.


If you'd like to find out how you can help the Cap Haitian Children's Home or sponser a child, click here or email me at sunny [dot] tuesday [at] yahoo [dot] com.

2 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I wish I knew how to sew. I tried to sew up a heart the other day. Stuffed it and then the problem was sewing up the little whole at the bottom. Oh well! I keep trying. Good luck with your patterns. God Bless Jillian and Hunter for their sweet and giving hearts. You are blessed to have such loving friends. Have a wonderful day! :) Tammy

Sarah Seitz said...

Hey!! This is so great, what an awesome idea to make your goal to sew for someone else! Your friend is lucky to have you!! I can't wait to see how the dresses turn out and thanks again for linking to my blog!

Sarah Seitz @ http://comeandseetheseitz.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...