3/16/11

Nursery In Progress: Ruffled Curtain

When I saw this ruffled curtain, I knew I had to somehow incorporate it into my house.  When we found out Little One was a girl, I had the perfect spot! 


I'm going with a shabby chic theme in the nursery and trying my best to use what I've got on hand.  Luckily, I have a nice little collection of vintage sheets (some of which are now fat quarters listed in my shop).  I mixed and matched and added and edited until I was happy. 


I used my ruffler foot for the first time.  I broke my first two needles.  We got in our first fight, the ruffler foot and I, but we made up.  I used four different vintage sheets (which have so far also found their way into a crib skirt, bunting, crib sheets and a lovey) and added in some eyelet from my Grandma's stash.


It's a little on the narrow side, but there's no fixing that now, so I'm just going to pretend it fits! :)

Linking up to:
Pity Party



Transformation Thursday

Katie's Nesting Spot

5 comments:

faayth said...

Love it! It would also be pretty in a kitchen window.

Brittanie Gordon said...

I SOO need those! Amazing! Our daughter has a shabby ish room too!

Tammy said...

So wonderful that you have the skills for sewing and the talent to create something so pretty. Always fabulous to be able to put to use what you have on hand. Hope all continues to be well. Best wishes and blessings, Tammy

Hello Jessica Lynn said...

WOW!! Very nice!!

Happy Thursday!! I am blog hopping today and would really like for you to come by either or both of my blogs and follow (please) :0)

So Stylilized is where I am currently offering FREE Custom Blog Designs at http://sostylilized.blogspot.com

Jessicas Lil Corner is where I blog about family and life at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com

Have a very blessed Thursday and I'll see ya over at my blogs!! :0)

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

Oh my, that is just adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...