8/31/12

5 Minute Bandana Headband

This tutorial was originally shared at Positively Splendid.

I've been making an effort to focus a bit more on myself lately.  I snagged some cute bandanas for $1 and started wearing them with my hair in a bun of I didn't have time to dry my hair (or wash it, for that matter!).  I tried them folded up, but just could NOT get the hang of it!  They kept sliding off my head and it was not working out.  Here's my 5 minute modification that made the bandanas perfect for me!


Grab a bandana and your sewing machine and let's get to work!


 First, fold your bandana in half diagonally, right sides together.  You can iron it first, but I like to live recklessly. 


About 1.5" to 2" in (depending on how wide you want your headband) sew a straight line, parallel to the fold.


Cut of the excess fabric.  I used pinking shears to prevent fraying.


Turn your headband right side out, center the seam on the bottom and press.


That's it, you're done!  


Linking up to: 
Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Creek Cottage
Friday Favorites at Simply Sweet Home
Sundae Scoop at I Heart Nap Time
Think Pink Sunday at Flamingo Toes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did you tie the headband?? Whenever I made mine, the end were too long :(

Jessica @ Sunny Tuesday said...

Hi there! I just tied it into a small bow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...