8/15/12

Birthday Crown

Y'all, things have been cray around here.  We just wrapped up our fall consignment sale, which was super awesome, but I'm glad it's over. :)  I've got lots more stuff that I'm really excited to share with you!  More on that in a few days.

Today, I'm sharing the Birthday Crown I made for E's first birthday.


So fun!  I started out with a piece of hot pink glitter cardstock that I cut into a crown shape.  Then I trimmed it with shiny purple ric rac and rhinestones.  I added ribbon spikes with rhinestones, a crepe paper medallion, a purple polka dot paper medallion, a scalloped circle and chipboard "1".

If you don't know how to make your own medallions, they are super easy!  Here's how:

Cut a long piece of crepe paper streamer and accordion fold it.


Then glue the two ends together.


Set it on a flat surface with the front side down.


Now push the middle down flat so the tube fans out into a flat medallion.


Glue a circle of paper to the back to keep it all in place.


And your medallion is ready to go!


 I used one on her hat and also made a garland, which you can see with the rest of the party decorations here.



Linking up to: 
Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Creek Cottage
Hookin' Up with HOH at House of Hepworths
Friday Favorites at Simply Sweet Home
Tickled Pink at 504 Main
Frugal Friday at The Shabby Nest
Friday Favs Party at Naptime Crafters
Whatcha Got Weekend at Lolly Jane Boutique
Weekend Wrap up Party at Tatertots and Jello
Saturday Seven at Positively Splendid
Sundae Scoop at I Heart Nap Time
Think Pink Sunday at Flamingo Toes
Market Yourself Monday at Sumo's Sweet Stuff
Made With Love at Sew Chatty
Just Something I Whipped Up at The Girl Creative
Take-A-Look Tuesday at Sugar Bee Crafts
Will See It Wednesday at Fabric Bows & More

Tip Junkie handmade projects


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...