10/5/11

Candy Corn Brownies - TWO Ways!

It's October, which in my house means CANDY CORN BROWNIES!  


I love them, I really do.  I love brownies, I love candy corn and these just take it to a whole new level. :)  I have posted about these previously, but I have a little revision for 2011, so I'm going to post both ways to make them for you.  The first method is, in my opinion, the most delicious. 

The Original Candy Corn Brownie

One box of brownie mix, made as directed
One bag of candy corn


Step 1: Make your brownies as directed on the package.  10 minutes BEFORE they're done, pull 'em out of the oven.


Step 2: Cover the brownies with candy corn and put back in the oven for the final 10 minutes.


The candy corn will get all melty and bubbly while the brownies finish cooking.


Step 3: As soon as you pull them out of the oven, swirl the melted candy corn around to create a top layer.


Let it cool and you're done!


Pros: super delicious, lots of candy corn
Cons: messy, not so pretty


SOME people (the crazy ones) think that much candy corn is overkill.  Also, you have to serve these with the disclaimer "I know they look like a mess, but trust me, they're really good!"

Enter:
Candy Corn Brownies, 2011 Revision

Follow the instructions for the originals, but when you top it with candy corn, instead of just dumping the whole bag on top, carefully place a few candy corn in individual groups, like so:


Then put it back in the oven, but when you pull it out, don't swirl it up.


This makes them much easier to cut and a little lighter on the candy corn for those who can't take the heat.  


I know you're probably thinking why even melt them? I could just sprinkle candy corn on top after the brownies are done baking.  No.  Trust me, some kind of magic happens when the candy corn melts that makes it super delicious.









  Creations by Kara

 Transformation Thursday

5 comments:

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

Yum, Jessica!! That first batch make my teeth hurt. lol!! I love how the 2nd batch turned out though! Cute and yummy!

Anonymous said...

Chocolate and Candy Corn - two of my favorite things!! Thanks for sharing!

Robin Johnson said...

Oh My! Looks very yummy. What a fun thing to make. so festive.

Alison @ mommadidit.blogspot.com said...

This might actually make candy corn bearable! I love the look of candy corn, but can't stand the taste. But everything is better with chocolate, right? Thanks for sharing!

Alida said...

I have a friend who would love these! I'm going to forward this post to her. She LOVES candy corns.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...