8/28/08

And one more thing...

It's funny how dependant we've gotten on "have-it-now" items. I was sitting in my house the other day, wanting some sort of baked sweet. My first thought was "I don't have any cookie dough or cake mix in the house...I guess I'll have to run to Wal-Mart and get some". I seriously sat there, pondering whether or not I wanted cookies badly enough to run to Wal-Mart when I had an epiphany! Long ago, in days of yore, before the invention of refrigerated cookie dough, how did they survive their sweet tooth attacks? They made cookies from scratch. I had flour and sugar and butter and by golly, I could make cookies from scratch, too! And I wouldn't even have to leave the house. So that's exactly what I did. And then I realized that having several dozen delicious homemade chocolate chip cookies would not be kind to my waistline, so I brought them to church and sent them to class with the college ministers.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...