8/12/08

Oh, the Horror!

It's not really that bad, but I wanted to use the phrase because I never get to say it. You know, it's one of those things that never really comes out right.

I ordered some of those fake gem rings for tea party favors and when I got the bag in, here's what about a third of them looked like:

Pitiful. I know they're cheap, but I couldn't bring myself to throw them out. They'd already made a trip days long accross several states, feeling inferior to the "perfect" rings. I knew they had to feel dejected when they arrived at my home. I knew God had a special plan for them. So I brought them in and gave them somewhere to stay while they eagerly anticipated what was in store for them. After months of planning (or procrastinating, take your pick) I decided it was their time. They'd been patient. They'd been quiet and unassuming. It was time to make them great. So I got out my glue gun, some fake flowers, beads, buttons, sequins and my magic weapon. Magic that could instantly make anything more awesome. That's right, my stash of glitter glue pens.

Then I got to work. And here's what we ended up with. The process is pretty easy, but if you feel like a tutorial would be helpful, let me know and I'll post one!




This one's my favorite:


1 comment:

Jana Nielson said...

I always have trouble getting the word "hoarder" to come out right, and non-offensive!
Very creative use of flawed jewels!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...