10/29/08

Trials...

So, as of late I've been reminding myself that we're supposed to view trials with "pure joy". In that case, I've had tons o' joy in the past week or so. First, my laptop stopped working. It's very temperamental and sometimes the keyboard just ups and quits. Or else decides to do random things other than type the letters I push. Any time I use it for more than 15 minutes at a time, this happens. So I got a new laptop. But it has Vista and I don't know how to use it yet, so it's back to the old one! And I almost feel petty even mentioning this little snafu in light of the news I got this week.

Right now I'm sitting in the hospital next to my grandmother who was taken off life support at 8:45 yesterday morning. The doctors told us we could expect her to pass within 15-30 minutes and here we are, almost 21 hours later still playing the waiting game. They moved us to a bigger room this afternoon (with 9 children and 24 grandchildren, we kind of needed one). I've had some time to come to peace with all this. I know without a doubt in my heart that she's off to a better place and I have no regrets. Right now, we just really want her to be as comfortable as possible. We always appreciate prayers!

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds" - James 1:2

1 comment:

Daniel and Erin said...

Jessica, you are in my prayers. Erin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...