10/7/09

Tiny Pies 2009



I made them for my cast. They went over well. The apples were store-bought this year. Our apple tree was fruitless. (ba-dum-dum)
Edited to add:
Here are the instructions for these little pies.
My tips:
-I use refrigerated pie dough. I'm lazy. I also cut the circles with a small pyrex bowl (shells) and a drinking glass (tops). Each box makes about 6 pies, if you squish it back together and roll it out over and over.
-I load a muffin tin down with non-stick spray. Don't know if you're supposed to, but it makes clean-up a heck of a lot easier!
-I cut Granny Smith Apples into little bitty pieces and just mix in sugar, cinnamon and a little lemon juice till I think it looks good.
-I brush the edges with egg wash and fold them over the top to prevent the insides from bubbling everywhere and making a mess. I also brush the tops with egg wash to make them pretty.
-I use a fondant cutter to vent the top, but you could just stab it with a knife a couple times.
-I put them in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the filling is bubbling through the top and they look goldenish.
Please feel free to email me with any questions! sunny dot tuesday at yahoo dot com.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

After last year's apple butter incident, that's probably for the best.

I hope you're still baking like this when we come in December! I'll be off my diet by then...

Jessica Rodarte said...

Yummy... I bet those were gobbled up right away!

Jessica @ Sunny Tuesday said...

Lauren - we can totes make these in December. I think Rachel might have fun helping!

Christine - I added some tips up there!

Jessica - I usually eat about half of them. :)

The Magic Onions said...

oooh, YUM... I'm going to try my hand at these little delicious looking treasures!
Blessings and magic.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...